Several months ago, as God called us to purchase property and start the monumental task of relocation, I spent quite a bit of time studying four books in the Bible Ezra, Nehemiah, Haggai and Zachariah. These four books had a common theme and concurrent time for rebuilding the wall and the temple in the restoration of Jerusalem. As I studied these books and while pondering our future and task, I was drawn to Nehemiah’s prayer. Nehemiah a common ordinary man faced extreme odds but he refused to fear that his team was too weak and too small. Nehemiah prayed, Now strengthen my hands, (Nehemiah 6:9). As I prayed and read, I thought, “that is it.” It was as if the prayer of Nehemiah became my own prayer, Strengthen our hands.
I kept reading: Zechariah the prophet, in this same time frame, said in Zechariah 8:9
This is what the Lord Almighty says: Now hear these words, Let your hands be strong so that the temple may be built. This is also what the prophets said who were present when the foundation was laid for the house of the Lord Almighty.
Zechariah continued in Zechariah 8:14 Do not be afraid, but let your hands be strong. God will never ask us to do something with our hands that He will not give us the strength and ability to do. The question is what could the Lord do through our hands if we allowed Him to strengthen them? So the prayer became Lord strengthen our hands to build.
I am so excited to share with you what the Lord has laid on my heart over these next three weeks as we with Nehemiah pray, “Lord strengthen our hands.”
Join us on the 3rd Monday of each month in the Worship Center at Grace. The Women of Grace will be continuing the study “Find Your People” by Jennie Allen.
Grief Share is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. YOu don’t have to go through the grieving process alone. Meetings are on Tuesdays at 5:30 pm at Grace.
@Bomber Mtn. Civic Center
Meal served from 5:30-6:15:
Chili, Hot Dogs, Mac & Cheese, Nachos, Salad Bar, Dessert
Small groups for everyone 6:30-7:45:
Adults w/ Pastor Paul will be studying “A Fresh Understanding of Spiritual Warfare”
Flashpoint Youth (Middle School & High School) will be studying “Who’s Who in the Bible”.
Kindle Kids (infants-5th grade) will be studying Creation.
Strengthen Our Hands
We are excited to announce “Strengthen Our Hands” is coming April 22 through May 7. “Strengthen our Hands” is the next step toward relocation to make room for more friends and accomplish the purpose God is calling us to.
- Pastor will introduce Strengthen Our Hands this weekend
- April 30, Everyone Grab a Shovel
- May 6-7 Faith Promise Celebration weekend
Building Fund Update: Our present Building Fund balance is $1,412, 044.32 It is fun to watch it grow!
Everyone Grab A Shovel
Mark your calendar for April 30 at 1:30. This will be an amazing day as we have lunch together, break ground, and celebrate the goodness of God on the Cemetery Creek property.
We are Better Together
There are small groups available for everyone
- Saturday Evenings 5:30– Children’s Church (K-5th grade)
- Saturday Evenings 5:30- Nursery (Infants to five yrs.)
- Sunday Mornings 9:30 –Children’s Church (K-5th grade)
- Sunday Mornings 9:30 –Nursery (Infants to five yrs.)
- Wednesday Evenings 6:30-7:45 Kindle Kids (Infants –5th grade).
Flashpoint Youth Ministry
Wednesday Evenings 6:30-7:45 @ Bomber Mtn. Civic Center (Middle School & High School Youth)
- Women of Grace Bible Study meeting every 3rd Monday @ 6:30- Find Your People by Jennie Allen
- Wednesday Mornings 8:00 -Mom’s in Prayer International
- Wednesday Mornings 9:00 – Coffee With Grace streaming live on Facebook and YouTube
- Wednesday Evenings 5:30 –6:30 Family Night Meal @ Bomber Mtn followed by small groups from 6:30-7:45
- Thursdays at Noon-Missions Prayer
- Thursday Evenings 5:30-7:00 Ladies Bible Study