Paul uses the title “bondservant” (in the New King James) as does James, Peter and Jude. Paul says in 2 Corinthians 4:5 “For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and ourselves your bondservants for Jesus’ sake.”
What is a bondservant? Exodus 21 indicates that when a servant was purchased (according to Jewish law) they were to serve their master for six years, but in the seventh year they could go free. Exodus 21:5 sheds light “But if the servant plainly says, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free,’ then his master shall bring him to the judges. He shall also bring him to the door, or to the doorpost, and his master shall pierce his ear with an awl, and he shall serve him forever.”
Yikes, I am glad we are not under Jewish law, but how wonderful that today like Paul we can consider ourselves bondservants of Christ. He is our Lord, and our allegiance is due to Him alone. As bondservants, we renounce other masters (Matthew 6:24) and give ourselves totally to Him (Matthew 16:24). We serve Him not because we must but because as our Master, He has our best interest at heart and it is a joy to love Him and serve Him forever.
Can’t wait to share with you what the Lord has laid on my heart this weekend as we start a new series of thoughts, entitled, “Stepping into Resurrection”.
Wednesdays @Bomber Mtn. Civic Center
Meal served from 5:30-6:15:
Tacos/Burritos, Refried Beans, Nachos, Salad Bar, Dessert
Small groups for everyone 6:30-7:45:
- Adults w/ Pastor Paul will be studying “Teach Us to Pray”.
- Flashpoint Youth (Middle School & High School) will be studying “Who’s Who in the Bible”.
- Kindle Kids (infants-5th grade) will be studying Jesus’ death & resurrection.
No Family Night next week (4/5).
Strengthen Our Hands
We are excited to announce “Strength Our Hands” is coming April 22 through May 7. “Strengthen our Hands” is the next step toward relocation to make room for more friends and accomplish the purpose God is calling us to.
Building Fund Update:
Our present Building Fund balance is $1,409,703.32. It is fun watching it grow!
Save the Date
* No Family Night April 5
* Resurrection Weekend @ GF-
Good Friday Individual Communion-Signup at the Information Center
Worship Services- Saturday 5:30 pm & Sunday 9:30 am
Sunrise Service @ Grace Campus- 6:30 am
* Strengthen Our Hands- April 22-May 7
* Community VBS -August 7-10
Women of Grace Gathering
Mark your calendar for April 17 @ 6:30 pm in the Worship Center at Grace. The Women of Grace will be continuing a study called “Find Your People” by Jennie Allen. Here is the link to register: https://bit.ly/findyourpeople1
It hurts to lose someone.
Find help at Grief Share.
Grief Share is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. You don’t have to go through the grieving process alone. Meetings will begin March 21, 5:30 pm at Grace. Call the church office (307-684-7511) to reserve your spot.
Missions Prayer Advance at Camp Bethel April 14-16
Hosted by our Missions Prayer Group
This is not a teaching retreat, but a time of listening to deepen the way to listen to what God is telling us. If this is something the Lord is calling you to, contact Margaret Smith @ 307-217-3622
We will be having Brown House this Saturday night (4/1) after worship service until 9:00 pm. Please, bring $5.00 for pizza and a drink or dessert to share.
A Celebration of Life
We will celebrate the life and homegoing of Dot (Dorothy) Hanson at 10 AM, on Saturday, April 1 at Harness Funeral Chapel.
We are Better Together
There are small groups available for everyone
- Saturday Evenings 5:30– Children’s Church (K-5th grade)
- Saturday Evenings 5:30- Nursery (Infants to five yrs.)
- Sunday Mornings 9:30 –Children’s Church (K-5th grade)
- Sunday Mornings 9:30 –Nursery (Infants to five yrs.)
- Wednesday Evenings 6:30-7:45 Kindle Kids (Infants –5th grade).
Flashpoint Youth Ministry
Wednesday Evenings 6:30-7:45 @ Bomber Mtn. Civic Center (Middle School & High School Youth)
- Women of Grace Bible Study meeting every 3rd Monday @ 6:30- Find Your People by Jennie Allen
- Wednesday Mornings 8:00 -Mom’s in Prayer International
- Wednesday Mornings 9:00 – Coffee With Grace streaming live on Facebook and YouTube
- Wednesday Evenings 5:30 –6:30 Family Night Meal @ Bomber Mtn followed by small groups from 6:30-7:45
- Thursdays at Noon-Missions Prayer
- Thursday Evenings 5:30-7:00 Ladies Bible Study
- Saturday mornings at 10:00-Draw the Circle-A 40-day Prayer Challenge by Mark Batterman. Meets at 535 S. Pinnacle Dr.
There are no activities for Men
Bill, I’m so glad you are interested in men’s ministry. We recently had a men’s breakfast and worship. Currently, we have 4 Family Nights left until summer break. These aren’t strictly for men, but provide great fellowship. There are several men’s activities in the planning stages so be watching for more info to come. -Sandy