Marlyce and I had a restful vacation together. One of the things I planned on doing while away was to read “Heavenly Man” in preparation for the Equip Conference. What a challenging read. I know many of you have already read “Heavenly Man.” if you haven’t I highly recommend it. It is the story of Brother Yun and includes much about His mentor Xu Yongze (aka as Pastor Peter Xu [pronounced “Shoe”]). Pastor Peter Xu is our keynote speaker at Equip.
I would like to take the liberty of sharing some things that stood out to me:
- “I pray that God might use the Chinese church to help the Western Church rise up and walk in the power of the Holy Spirit.”
- “You can never really know the Scriptures until you’re willing to be changed by them. If you truly want to see God move, the two main things you must do is learn the Word of God and have the obedience to do what God tells you to do.”
- As the church grew (now 20 million strong) believers were equipped to do the work of ministry. “During school, each student was required to memorize a chapter a day.” As the new workers were sent out, they responded in one voice, “We are not afraid of going hungry or of being beaten. We are willing to die for the gospel! We are only afraid of going without God’s presence.”
- “Suffering had broken down all denominational walls in the Chinese church.”
Wow, I (we) have much to learn and spiritual skills to develop for the coming years.
I would ask that you join me in prayer for Equip…and I can’t wait to see you this weekend.
Wednesdays @Bomber Mtn. Civic Center
Meal served from 5:30-6:30:
Chicken Enchiladas, Yellow Rice, Refried Beans, Nachos, Salad, Dessert
Small groups for everyone 6:30-7:45:
- Adults w/ Pastor Paul will be studying “Receiving a Double Portion”.
- Flashpoint Youth (Middle School & High School) will be studying “Who’s Who in the Bible”.
- Kindle Kids (infants-5th grade) will be studying 4 keys of discipleship.
Our Building Fund continues to grow $583,139.98 . Thank you for your generosity and thank you, Lord, for blessing each of us with Your goodness.
Note: All donations and balance for the Building Fund are strictly used for that purpose.
Time Change for Worship Service
Beginning November 6
Sunday Worship Services will begin at 9:30 am
Save the Date
- Equip-Open Heavens–November 4-6 with Peter Xu and Marietta Wright
- Greif Share: Surviving the Holidays- November 17
- GF Family Thanksgiving Dinner-November 20 @ Bomber Mtn. Civic Center
- Family Christmas Eve Services– December 24, 4:00 & 5:30
Prayer for Equip
Grace Worship Center is open Tuesdays from 11:30—12:30 to pray for the upcoming Equip Conference.
We are in need of volunteers to help set up chairs and tables on Thursday, November 3, and to take down tables and chairs & clean up on Sunday, November 6. Contact Sandy at 307-684-7511 to volunteer.
Register NOW for…
Children’s Church @ Grace Fellowship 5:30pm– 7:00pm
Children’s Church @ Grace Fellowship 9:00am–10:30am
Kindle Kids for children infants through 5th grade 6:30-7:45 pm at Grace Fellowship
Flashpoint Youth for Middle School & High School Students
Youth group at Bomber Mount Civic Center 6:30-7:45 pm
Adult Small Groups
Family Night @ Bomber Mtn Civic Center | Meal 5:30-6:30 | Small Groups 6:30-7:45
Prayer for Missions in the Prayer Room @ GF 12:00pm–1:00pm
Just wanted to confirm:
GF Thanksgiving is Thursday, 10/20. Is that to separate from the regular Wednesday meetings? Time, please?
Yes, Thanksgiving 10/20 (4:00 at bomber Mtn.) is separate from Family Night. However, we will not be having Family Night that week.